The beauty advent calendar by Lookfantastic is my favourite pre-Christmas gift this 2017. Christmas is coming up real quick, so its time to treat yourself or a loved one to some amazing treats. ‘Tis the season to be jolly! 🎄🎅🏽
I have been researching different beauty advent calendars online. I landed on this one because it is incredible value and I really liked the brands and products that appeared in this one. In advent calendars, the point of them is to reveal a new little treat or gift every day from the first day of December up until the twenty fifth day. In the Lookfantastic calendar we are surprised with a new beauty treat every single day and end up receiving a lot of different contents in the one product.
However, in my case, I need to know everything I’m receiving before I spend my hard-earned money. I like to have as much information as possible before making a decision on beauty products. If you’re like me, keep on reading!
The Lookfantastic ‘Beauty in Wonderland’ advent calendar gives me a chance to personally try different types of beauty products from various brands, which I wouldn’t be able to do with a one-brand beauty advent calendar. I think this is brilliant because you’re receiving one big bonanza of products. It’s nice to try products from brands that you wouldn’t usually try or didn’t previously know about. The advent calendar is a lovely way to discover new brands, or rediscover older luxury products.
All of the beauty treats come inside a decadent case that opens up a mirror and chest of drawers. The gifts are individually boxed and wrapped. The advent calendar contains 9 full-sized products and 16 deluxe samples/travel sized products. When the countdown to Christmas is over, the case can be used as a vanity to store your beauty essentials or jewellery. I absolutely love that the packaging doesn’t need to be thrown out straight away. Re-purposing is great and I’ll never say ‘no’ to more makeup storage. The price of this AMAZING box is £79 and comes with free shipping (UK residents).
Below is a full list of the contents you will find inside the advent calendar with individual shopping links:
• Illamasqua Lava Lips Marbled Lipstick in Vixen (exclusive shade) – worth £20 (linked is the shade ‘Tectonic’ since I could not find the shade ‘Vixen’)
• Moroccanoil Treatment oil 15ml – worth £8.99
• Bellapierre Cosmetics Banana Setting Powder 4g – worth £15
• Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 15ml – worth £8.62
• Ciate London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner – worth 15
• Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream 15ml – worth £27.60
• ModelCo Retractable Brow Pencil in light/medium – worth £8
• Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy cream – worth £8
• Omorovicza Limited Edition Hungarian Mist 30ml – worth £14.40
• This Works In Transit cream 10ml – worth £11
• Redken No Blow Dry Cream 30ml – worth £10
• Balance Me Micellar Cleansing Water 30ml – worth £7
• Dr Botanicals Superfood Facial Oil 15ml – worth £20
• First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 56.7g – worth £10
• Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox 50ml – worth £9
• James Read H20 Illuminating Tan Mist for Body 30ml – worth £7
• High Definition Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette – worth £29
• Molton Brown GingerLily Body Wash 100ml – worth £6
• Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial 16ml – worth £10.40
• Oskia Renaissance Mask 15ml – worth £12
• Magnitone Wipeout! Microfibre Cleansing Cloth – worth £7.50
• Dr Lipp Miracle Lip Balm 4ml – worth £3.20
• Doucce Maxlash Mascara – worth £10
• Lookfantastic Contour Brush – worth approx. £8
• Pixi Hello Glow! 3-piece Set with Glow Booster, Beauty Blush Duo, and Liplift Max – worth £20
After reading this breakdown, you’ll find that you’re paying £79 and receiving over £300 worth of beauty products, which is such good value. I can appreciate that many of us are spending a bit of money this time of year, with all of the festive parties, events, and presents to buy. It’s nice to find a present that gives you a little bit extra for your money.
This advent calendar is not the cheapest deal out there, but in my personal opinion it has the best value for money that I’ve seen. Another great value calendar is the Harrods beauty advent calendar, which is unfortunately sold out.
I don’t want to ruin some part of the mystery by reviewing ALL of the products in the calendar. I thought instead I would share my top 10 favourites so that you can have a bit more of an idea of the quality of products you will find in this gift.
My top 10 favourite products from this beauty advent calendar are:
1. Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream – This creams makes my skin feels so fresh and supple. It retains moisture throughout the day, but I can’t say much about reducing the appearance of fine lines seeing as it’s a sample/travel sized amount. I think you would need to use it for an extended period of time to see more of a difference. It’s a very hydrating cream with a luxurious scent.
2. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet – This cream-to-gel formula has the perfect consistency and and is rapidly absorbed into the skin. It provides the perfect base for makeup and allows the makeup to apply really well. I am obsessed with Caudalie in general and I’m really pleased with this product.
3. Pixie Hello Glow! 3 Piece Set – This comes with LipLift Max in Honey Sheen, a Beauty Blush Duo in Peach Honey and a Glow Booster in PeachGold. I think that Pixi by Petra is an amazing and affordable brand. The LipLift Max gloss is so pretty on the lips and not sticky. It has a subtle menthol scent and feels great to wear. I love lipgloss and I’m so happy that it is having a moment right now in 2017. Long live the gloss!
The Beauty Blush Duo in Peach Honey is a lovely peachy pink with golden reflects. The powder is note quite pigmented enough for my darker skin tone and I need to be pretty heavy handed to get some colour on my cheeks. The formula is infused with Vitamin E and mica, so your skin feels as though it’s being treated upon wearing the product. The pink shade goes onto the apples of the cheeks and the golden shade is placed on the highest points of the cheekbones just above the bone.
The Glow Booster is a gorgeous, glowy primer. It offers a lot of hydration for your skin, whilst remaining very lightweight. So good as a primer but also for dabbing a bit on the highest points of your cheekbones as a highlight. Such a cute set! I liked all three products.
4. Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil – The scent is incredible and this oil is very readily absorbed into the skin. I like to use it at night after cleansing. The consistency is quite thin and I found out that it is infact a water-based blend with various plant extracts and oils. The product doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. The finish is more like a serum than an oil. I really like that it includes a pipette so you can measure 4-5 drops and gently press the product onto your face and neck.
6. Magnitone London WIPEOUT! cleansing cloth – We are no strangers to using microfibre for household cleaning and I’m so happy it has been brought to the beauty world. This cloth is super soft and works well for sensitive skin. Add warm water and gentle wipe off your makeup. I use this every day to remove makeup, and also to wipe off excess dirt and pollution from my face if I’m having a ‘no-makeup’ day. It is also super easy to wash by scrubbing with soap and water. I chuck this into my washing machine at 30 degrees once a week to get a deeper clean. This is a great product and I will 100% be getting more of these cloths. This product is sooo frickin’ good. No more disposable makeup wipes!
7. High Definition Eyeshadow Palette in Foxy – The shades are a stunning mixture of satin and matte textures. The packaging is luxurious and I always appreciate palettes with a mirror. The brush included is good quality and very useful for blending and drawing precise strokes. From dark to light the shade colours are named: Truffle, Bronze, Honey, Golden, and Bare. This is the perfect size for travelling, and I will be taking this with me on my next holiday to Switzerland.
8. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist – I have written a brand review on Omorovicza in my earlier blog posts, so you guys may already have an idea about how I feel about this mist. This is one of the best facial mists I’ve ever used thus far, it is very delicate and soothing upon application. The bottle produces an extremely fine mist and leaves the skin feeling supple. Great to use after cleansing just before moisturising and also throughout the day for extra hydration. I love the limited edition bottle that I received in this advent calendar. Super cute design!
9. Oskia Renaissance Mask – This is a great exfoliating enzyme mask. I have experienced adverse effects with other masks in the past, so I’m very happy to see that this one did not disappoint. This product helps to clear up clogged pores and blemishes. I am gonna be repurchasing this again because it has a calming effect and at the same time works really hard for your skin.
10. Crabtree and Evelyn London La Source Hand Therapy Cream – I was impressed with the immediate effect on my hands. I only use hand cream in Autumn/Winter when my hands need a little more TLC. This one is nourishing and even after multiple handwashes my hands do not become visibly dry. I love anything shea buttered-based and the scent is glorious.
Have you guys tried any of these brands or products? Which ones are your favourites?
Let me know by writing a comment.
I really enjoyed all of these christmas goodies curated by a remarkable group of people.
This beauty advent calendar has so many gorgeous treats that I know you or your friends and family will super happy to smell, swatch, try, and love. Deck the halls! 🎁🎄
Will you be treating yourself or a loved one to the Look Fantastic Beauty in Wonderland Advent Calendar this year? Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this calendar. Please let me know if you’d like to see another beauty review.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! ❤